Company Name: Sage Clinic
Dr. Alexia Harris is a licensed naturopathic physician practicing in Vancouver, British Columbia. She has a general practice with a special focus on digestive health, detoxification, weight loss, allergies, hormone balancing and skin health.
Dr. Harris has always been fascinated in human physiology and how the body functions as a complex integration of physical, mental, emotional and energetic components. Her practice is centered around this concept as she focuses on treating the whole person by gathering a comprehensive health history and focusing on treating the underlying causes of disease.
Through years of academic, clinical and personal experience, she understands that the body is designed to heal itself naturally when provided with the right environment. Her work is all about guiding her patients to discover this incredible healing potential by removing any obstacles to health, detoxifying and nourishing the body, reestablishing a balanced system, and supporting the body-mind and spirit. Ultimately her goal is to educate and empower her patients to take charge of their own health so they can start feeling better and experience optimal wellbeing.
Dr. Harris has experience treating the following acute and chronic conditions:
- Digestive health and gastrointestinal disease (gas and bloating, constipation, heartburn, food sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and parasite infections)
- Skin health (acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea and other types of dermatitis)
- Environmental toxicity (heavy metal toxicity, occupational and environmental exposures, allergies, autoimmune disease and endocrine disorders)
- Hormonal imbalances (PMS, PCOS, menstrual problems, endometriosis, menopause, adrenal dysfunction and thyroid imbalances)
- Immune dysfunction (acute and chronic infections such as colds, flus, sinusitis, cough, asthma)
- Nervous system disorders (stress, anxiety, depression, headaches, insomnia, mood disorders)
- Pain (acute or chronic pain, sports injuries, nerve pain, scar tissue, osteoarthritis, inflammatory conditions)
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine - The Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine. New Westminster, BC
- Honors Bachelor of Science (Double Major: Medical Sciences and Biology) - The University of Western Ontario. London, ON
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist - The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Vancouver, BC
- Intravenous Therapies
- Advanced Injection Therapies
- BC Prescriptive Authority
- Naturopathic Cardiac Life Support
- British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA)
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)